Lu Lei – First-grade Lawyer and Managing Partner of Hezong Lawyer Firm
State Council Expert for Special Allowance ; Deputy to the People’s Congress of Chongqing; Special Inspector of Chongqing Municipal Government; legislation advisor to the People’s Congress of Chongqing; expert of Chongqing Committee of Experts on Public Security Technology; graduate in Civil and Commercial Law from Southwest University of Political Science and Law; member of Financial Securities Commission of All-China Lawyers Association; referee of Chongqing Arbitration Commission; expert of Chongqing Municipal Government Committee of Evaluation on Social Science; and supervisory legal advisor to the Standing Committee of the People’s Congress of Chongqing Yuzhong District. Holding the qualification of Independent Director for public company. Awarded as the Best 10 Lawyers of Chongqing, the Lawyer to the People’s Satisfaction and Chongqing Top 100 Lawyers Practicing in Good Faith.
Credo: Missioned to minimize the injustices by greatest eloquence on court
Experiences in Law Practice:
1. Criminal Defense
1) Defend for Zhang Kaike (Secretary General of CPC Qijiang County Committee) who was accused of committing the crime of bribery and dereliction in Qijiang Hongqiao Bridge Collapse;
2) Defend for Qin Changdian (Vice Director of the Standing Committee of the People’s Congress of Chongqing) and Wang Shihui (Vice Chairman of Chongqing CPPCC) who were accused of committing the crime of bribery and dereliction;
3) Dealing with the case of bribery accused against Jiang Yong (former Director General of Chongqing Planning Bureau) and Tang Wei;
4) Dealing with the case of bribery accused against Liu Jianchun (former Vice Director of the Publicity Dept. of CPC Chongqing Committee);
5) Defend for Xu Shiquan (former GM of Bank of Communications Chongqing Branch, former GM of Bank of Communications Hainan Branch and Vice GM of China National Travel Service (HK) Group Corp) who was accused of committing the crime of bribery;
6) Dealing with the case of bribery accused against Wang Zheng (former Vice Governor of Yuzhong District);
7) Defend for Deng Quangui (a Hong Kong merchant) who was accused of committing the crime of car smuggling in Wanzhou;
8) Defend for Guo Heng (a Myanmar citizen) who was accused of committing the crime of drug trafficking (Chongqing’s first criminal case involving the foreigner);
9) Defend for Lei Zhengfu (the former Secretary General of CPC Chongqing Beibei District Committee) who was accused of committing the crime of bribery.
2. Financial Cases
1) The case that China Merchants Bank Chongqing Branch sues against Chongqing Pinghe International Trade Ltd. and Chongqing Road & Bridge Ltd. regarding L/C guarantee;
2) The case that Bank of China Jiangbei Sub-branch sues against Tibet Lhasa Beer Co., Ltd. regarding L/C guarantee;
3) The case that Bank of China Chongqing Branch sues against Chongqing International Kangle Industry Co., Ltd. regarding L/C payment;
4) The case that China Jialing Industrial Co., Ltd. sues against Yugang International Limited and Yugang Enterprises Limited regarding the dispute on L/C clearing;
5) The case that Chongqing Securities Co., Ltd. sues against Chongqing International Kangle Travel Industry Development Co., Ltd. regarding the securities repurchase;
6) The case that Sichuan Investment Fund Management Co., Ltd. sues against Chongqing Lichuan Investment Co., Ltd. and Agricultural Bank of China Shapingba Sub-branch regarding the deposit dispute;
7) The case that Taiwan Affairs Office of Chongqing Nan’an District Government sues against Wang Hongdong regarding the dispute on loan mortgage contract;
8) The case that the Office of Da-Wan Railway Construction Leadership Team of Chongqing Wanzhou District Government sues against China Construction Bank Guanyinqiao Sub-branch regarding the deposit dispute;
9) The case that China 14th MCC No.3 Construction & Installation Engineering Ltd. sues against Chongqing Lease Corp. and Chongqing Machinery Corp. regarding the dispute on financing lease;
10) The case that the Industrial Bank Chongqing Branch sues against Huayin and Huazheng Company.
3. Property Dispute
1) The dispute on the investment cooperation contract between Chongqing Xinleyuan Real Estate Ltd and Jinyang Real Estate Ltd.;
2) The housing construction dispute between Hainan Tianhong Industrial Investment Ltd and Qihua Engineering Southwest Ltd.;
3) The case that International Kangle (Group) sues against Pearl River Industrial Ltd and Chongqing Huayu Properties Ltd regarding the dispute on land use rights;
4) The case that the Education Commission of Chongqing Yuzhong District sues against Chongqing Old City Rebuilding and Development Ltd and Chongqing Yutian Real Estate Development Ltd regarding the dispute on relocation and resettlement;
5) The dispute on house purchase and sales between Chongqing Tianren Entertainment Ltd and Chongqing Ying Li Real Estate Development Ltd.,
6) The case that Chongqing Jiefangbei Department Store Ltd sues against Chongqing Cultural Bureau and Chongqing Hongji Properties Ltd regarding the dispute on house demolishing and relocation;
7) The dispute on land transfer contract between Chongqing Jintang Real Estate Development Ltd and Chongqing Jiahua Properties Ltd.
4. Other Civil and Commercial Disputes
1) The case that former Chongqing No.2 Textile Factory sues against Chongqing Hongyu Industrial Ltd regarding the dispute on bankruptcy and acquisition contract;
2) The case that Shanghai Jiufeng Investment Ltd sues against Chongqing Yufeng Ltd regarding the dispute on equity transfer;
3) Patent infringement case regarding the Water Star purifier of Chongqing Changhong Plastics Plant (retrieve an economic loss of more than 1 million RMB for the client);
4) The case that Chongqing Hongen Industrial Ltd sues against Chongqing Qingxin Trading Ltd and Qingyuan Yongxin Trading Ltd regarding the dispute on equity transfer;
5) Acted as the attorney to represent Liao Keli – the plaintiff filing the personal injury claim for the greatest compensation in China (helping the client to get a sum of compensation for RMB 2.20 million in the first judgment).
5. Cases other than Lawsuit
1) Acted as legal advisor for more than 40 enterprises and institutions;
2) Providing full-process legal services to Chongqing International Kangle Industrial Ltd for acquiring Chongqing Printing and Dyeing Factory;
3) Providing full-process legal services to H.K. Wharf Holdings for investment in Chongqing;
4) Providing full-process legal services to Chongqing Fuzichi Business Mansion Ltd in the merge case;
5) Undertaking lawyer attestation businesses.